
Everyone usually has at least one great dog while growing up. Ours was a Australian sheep dog. We called her Cookie as she was colored like a black and white cookie. She had the common blue white eyes, and the best disposition I ever saw in any dog. I was quite the tomboy and since we usually lived out in the country to keep our horses, I went exploring for hours on end. There were tons of orchards and woods, with creeks and ponds for finding frogs and lizards. It was my paradise, my escape from the hurts of my home life. Cookie would always go with me, she was a great friend. One time, when we lived in the tri-cities, I heard a rattling sound in the bushes-next thing I heard was cookies yelp. I looked back and saw a rattler slinking away into the bushes and cookie was licking her paw. Not knowing that dogs were immune to poisonous snake bites, I carried her all the way home and we took her to the vet, and we were a considerable distance from home. She was fine, but she saved my life. Cookie had quite the personality, she knew that she wasn’t supposed to be on our over stuffed rocker. But every time we went somewhere, we would come home to find her with her head down on the floor and that rocker rocking like crazy. She had heard us and jumped off before we came in the door. It was so funny. I loved her so much and hope to see her in the next life.
Monday, August 25, 2008
BEST DOG IN THE WORLD
Posted by The shell lady at 7:03 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comments:
Wow mom, you put in a lot of stories! Thanks so much for doing this! I enjoy reading them. It's great!
Post a Comment