
It took a very long time for my mother to allow me to babysit other people’s kids. However, in time I was able to talk a family down the street into letting me babysit for an evening while they went out. It suffices to say that I had a boyfriend, and I was not allowed to have anyone over, even though it would have been perfectly innocent. I knew that, but my parents didn’t. I wanted him to come over and watch TV with me while the kids were asleep, but I told him not to come, that it was too risky since the only way into the cul-de-sac was by car and would pass my house. So I went about my business, and there was a knock at the backdoor. It was my boyfriend, with stickers all up and down his legs on his jeans, and in his shoes; as he took a short cut through a huge field to get there. He sat down and I helped him pick out the stickers from his socks and pant legs. I was very nervous about him being there as I knew what would happen if he was caught. We watched TV for awhile and I was afraid my mother would be coming over to check on me. Sure enough, she did, and he hid in the hallway. After she left, the noise from her knocking woke up the little girl who was about 6. She had her cat with her, and handed it to me, the cat scratched me and the rest is predictable. I jumped and threw the cat from me, and in the process it hit the little girl in the cheek, claws and all. She had a big scratch on her face, and I also knew that because of my boyfriend being there the whole story would come out. The next day, there was a huge inquisition and I was grounded for three months for that little deception.
Monday, August 25, 2008
WHAT NOT TO DO WHILE BABYSITTING
Posted by The shell lady at 6:55 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment