
when I was about 10 years old, we lived in Spokane in the valley. We had a full basement and a clothesline downstairs for when it rained outside. My mother liked the smell of clothes hung from the line and they didn’t have permanent press then so they also needed to be ironed. Which, by the way I hated to do, in fact I would have rather done dishes for the rest of my life than iron. Anyway, I was bored and in the basement folding laundry, and I looked at that clothesline and decided that swinging on it should be fun. So up I went, swinging back and forth. That joy lasted about five seconds before, thump! There I was on the concrete floor and I couldn’t breathe as the wind had been knocked out of me. My sister was also downstairs and called for my mom and eventually I was okay. You might say that I was a female version of Dennis the menace, as I was always getting myself in trouble.
Monday, August 25, 2008
CLOTHES LINE SWING
Posted by The shell lady at 6:54 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment